In this Modern Web podcast, Rob Ocel and Jake Dohm speak about the Vue.js latest updates with Chris Fritz, a Vue Core Team member.
- What's new in Vue 2.6?
- The new V-slot directive
- The news Dynamic Directive arguments. Now we can have Dynamic event name and dynamic attribute bindings.
- Why the core team prefers to write templates.
- Backwards compatibility in Vue.
- Differences between big releases like the upcomoing 3.0 version and 2.x versions.
- Migration to newest versions. Migration guides. Documentation
- The development process that the core team follows.
- How the core team tries to hear their users and open the discussions.
- Typescript in Vue
- Vue 3.0: what changes it brings.
- Vue 3.0 performance: why is half the size and twice as fast than prior version.